Kamp Wannaweep

Kamp Wannaweep focuses on twelve teenagers arriving at Camp Wannaweep to compete on a reality television show.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Private RP Bijou/Henrietta] No approval to be found

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bijou

PostSubject: [Private RP Bijou/Henrietta] No approval to be found   Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 am

Bijou sat on the logs in front of the campfire, next to her mother. For once, she was hunched over dejectedly, with her hands falling down her legs. She sighed.

Henrietta took a long toke from her cigarette, eyeing her daughter obtrusively. Her hair was curly like Bijou's, but still wrapped in curlers, and much much higher up than her daughters. Unlike Bijou, Henrietta's hair was light brown, mangled and messy from being caught up in the curlers for so long. Her dark under-eye circles revealed a tired soul. She still wore a bathrobe, open to reveal a plain (yet stained) white t-shirt and long, baggy, blue pajama bottoms. She was still wearing her slippers, as if she had just gotten up from bed.

"So this is it?," she asked in a deep, raspy voice. "This is the reason you left your family behind? You ungrateful little runt."

Bijou clutched her legs closer with her arms, looking away. She hated that her mom was here — so much so that she planned to stay away from the other campers for as long as possible. There's no way they could see her like this. Or get to know what her mother was like. It's too...embarrassing. It's embarrassing enough that they're on camera for the whole world to see.

"I love it here!!" she exclaimed. "Everyone is so nice!! Plus, you just watch. I'm going to land the acting job of my dreams!!

"Peh," Henrietta spat at her daughter, taking another long drag. "Yeah right. Keep dreaming, princess. All you're ever going to amount to is broke and alone, like your stupid father. You're both failures."

She put out the cigarette on the side of the log.

"You might start a fire like that!!"

"And what are you gonna do about it? Put out the fire? You can't even turn on a microwave. Missy, you think you can get away with sitting there and judging me. Well, you're one to talk. Look at you. Just look at you."

Bijou picked up her head, shooting a glare at her mother. "Look at you!!"

"Don't talk to your mother like that. Listen. Stop wasting your time here. You're not going to amount to anything. You'll be nothing, you hear me?"

Bijou sighed. "Yes, mother."

She dropped her head again, watching the fire crackle in front of her. She and her mom sat in silence while Henrietta lit another cigarette, throwing the old one into the fire.

It was a long silence. A long, uncomfortable silence. Neither of them looked at each other. They both grimaced in their own way; Bijou in resentment and Henrietta in judgmental disappointment. Then, Bijou suddenly stood up.

"You know what, mother? I'm going to stay here. I'm going to try. And you know what else? I'll try to win. And if — or when — I do, I'll still thank you by the end. You know why?"

She began to walk away.

"Because you've done nothing but push me down. But by doing that, you've given me a reason to stand up taller each time!!"

Henrietta said nothing. She just stared, watching her daughter leave.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Private RP Bijou/Henrietta] No approval to be found
Page 1 of 1